My xencenter events start displaying blank errors which when expanded showed:

Some errors were encountered. See the XenCenter log for more information.

I searched for the log file as it was not in an obvious place.

It’s easy to forget xencenter is a client application. After hunting around I found it was stored at:

C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Citrix\XenCenter\logs\XenCenter.log

Note: If you don’t see “AppData” enable show hidden files and it will appear.

Noticing the time of the error; I searched the log file and found the following error messages:

2016-09-29 13:24:11,019 ERROR XenAdmin.Actions.AsyncAction [252] –    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at XenAdmin.Actions.GetHealthCheckAnalysisResultAction.GetAnalysisResult(String diagnosticToken, String uploadUuid)

at XenAdmin.Actions.GetHealthCheckAnalysisResultAction.Run()

at XenAdmin.Actions.AsyncAction.RunWorkerThread(Object o)

at XenAdmin.Actions.AsyncAction.RunWorkerThread(Object o)

It can be a confusing message but I remembered the new health check analysis ability with Xenserver 7.0. It turns out a couple of pools were trying to use the logged in account rather then the actual Citrix site account.

I changed the configuration to the correct account and these errors went away.

 

Advertisements