Tag Archive: Citrix



I had a user who reported he would connect to his system at work and the session would go “wonky” with rendering issues.

Going through basic troubleshooting steps did not produce any interesting messages or errors.

Reviewing the Net, I did find a couple Xenapp articles mentioning the same issue and reported there was a fix (KB4039884) to address the rendering problem.  However, I read it was quickly pulled.

Researching a little more; I found that it had been re-released as part of a roll-up.  I went through a couple “replaced by” and found the November roll-up was the latest (at the time I had the issue).  I installed it on my master image (using PVS) and all was good!

Advertisements

I have a new farm with a new VIP.

All the proper firewall rules were in place but access from the Net would only give:

Http/1.1 Internal Server Error 43531

I went through and did all the proper DNS checks, etc., and did not find anything wrong.

The Netscaler had green lights on the basic setup and internally, Storefront was accessible. I reviewed load balancing services and found my two storefronts had yellow lights!

It turns out the security people only updated the firewall rules for one of the firewalls.  A simple update and all was good!

What was strange was the fact we kept hitting the firewall without the rules!  If only I was that lucky with the lottery.

 

 

Some errors were encountered…..


My xencenter events start displaying blank errors which when expanded showed:

Some errors were encountered. See the XenCenter log for more information.

I searched for the log file as it was not in an obvious place.

It’s easy to forget xencenter is a client application. After hunting around I found it was stored at:

C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Citrix\XenCenter\logs\XenCenter.log

Note: If you don’t see “AppData” enable show hidden files and it will appear.

Noticing the time of the error; I searched the log file and found the following error messages:

2016-09-29 13:24:11,019 ERROR XenAdmin.Actions.AsyncAction [252] –    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at XenAdmin.Actions.GetHealthCheckAnalysisResultAction.GetAnalysisResult(String diagnosticToken, String uploadUuid)

at XenAdmin.Actions.GetHealthCheckAnalysisResultAction.Run()

at XenAdmin.Actions.AsyncAction.RunWorkerThread(Object o)

at XenAdmin.Actions.AsyncAction.RunWorkerThread(Object o)

It can be a confusing message but I remembered the new health check analysis ability with Xenserver 7.0. It turns out a couple of pools were trying to use the logged in account rather then the actual Citrix site account.

I changed the configuration to the correct account and these errors went away.